Saturday, March 29, 2014

Sometimes I Move My Body

Exercise.

Sometimes, I feel motivated. Not motivated enough to actually eat well for an entire day or leave my house after getting home from work to go to the gym, but motivated enough to roll out the mini-trampoline and pop in my new (to me) Tracy Anderson Total Body Mini-Trampoline Workout DVD (available on TA's site or amazon).

Mini-trampolines can totally be en vogue. It's not all leg warmers, scrunchies, and leotards. This, my friends, is the year of our Lord 2014.

Before getting into the jumping, the workout starts out with a quick pep talk and some stretching followed by a routine that uses the mini-trampoline for stability during leg and ab exercises.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________

Pros:
  • 51 (ish) minutes of non-stop moving (well, at least she's moving the whole time...I needed frequent "water drinking/breath catching breaks" but hopefully that will improve over time)
  • Working out AT HOME. I can dress how I want and spaz out as needed. 

Cons:
  • She doesn't talk you through the exercises or the transitions, you just have to watch and hope that you're getting the moves right.
  • I need a mini-trampoline that is a little less mini.
 ________________________________________________________________________________________________

Honestly, I had to tell myself not to stress out trying to match her move for move the first couple of times. Give myself some time to learn the routine and build up my endurance for the 1.6 million leg lifts that she does prior to actual bouncing-on-the-trampoline-time.

Bottom line: I was plum WORN OUT when I was done. It's a keeper. It met my standard for being added to my own "sometimes-motivated-to-work-out-at-home" collection-I didn't hate it.

4 comments:

  1. This is great. I probably need a little trampoline.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm. I had never considered adding a mini-trampoline to my cardio routine. You have piqued my interest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's worth it. It doesn't take up much room and it mixes it up enough to keep it from getting boring. I need to get a bigger one, though, because I want to be able to move around more.

      Delete

I'm not going to lie...I don't hate comments.